Our Story

Our Story

There aren’t too many churches in this part of the country with the history of St. John.  This congregation was founded in the spring of 1837.  For over 175 years, this church has been faithfully proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ.  These years have been full of both many joys and many sorrows.  Over the years, the location has moved, the buildings have been renovated and expanded, and both the people and the language have changed.  But through it all, we have clung firm to the truth of God’s Word and remain dedicated to sharing and spreading the love of God both in our community and around the world.

If you are interested in reading a more in-depth history of our congregation, please click on the provided links, which offer a wealth of information covering the different eras of St. John’s past.

Our Story - Part 1: 1837-1873

Our Story - Part 2: 1873-1922

Our Story - Part 3: 1922-1976

Our Story - Part 4: 1976-Present

Pages